Thank you

Oct. 3rd, 2011 09:14 pm
moderate_excess: (love every one)
[personal profile] moderate_excess
I can't tell you guys how touched I am by your generosity. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but you, my friends, have really helped. I have a little over half of Harley's final vet bills, and it's a huge relief. The amount doesn't seem quite as insurmountable.

Is there something I can do for those of you who have donated to the cause? Some service or tangible thing... I know others have put up fiction in exchange for financial help, but I haven't written anything in years and I'm not sure that would really be such a reward in any case. Ha! I could send New Orleans-themed packages (coffee, beignet mix, beads) or baked goods, or bring something with me if I'm coming to your city. Let me know, please.

And if you haven't donated and would like to, I could definitely use a little more help getting to my goal.

Here's that button.

Date: 2011-10-04 03:13 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] replyhazy.livejournal.com
I'd love a picture postcard from New Orleans for the fridge!

Date: 2011-10-04 03:58 am (UTC)
ext_39302: Painting of Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton (Streetcar)
From: [identity profile] intelligentrix.livejournal.com
You got it! Something tasteful and architectural, or something tacky and touristy? Or none of the above? I can always use my imagination.

Date: 2011-10-04 04:44 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] replyhazy.livejournal.com
Surprise me! I know you will. :oD

I've been thinking...

Date: 2011-10-04 01:25 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] friar-bacon.livejournal.com
Just be yourself, continue to grow, and don't sweat the petty things. I am amply rewarded by your insights on this blog.

Re: I've been thinking...

Date: 2011-10-04 01:29 pm (UTC)
ext_39302: Painting of Flaming June by Frederick Lord Leighton (Default)
From: [identity profile] intelligentrix.livejournal.com
I think I can do that. :-)

I'd like to be more active in posting here--I've pretty much stopped reading FB at all as it's too overwhelming in volume and underwhelming in content.

Re: I've been thinking...

Date: 2011-10-04 01:39 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] friar-bacon.livejournal.com
I have to agree with you about that. the trivia content is rising and threatens to flood the worthwhile. Kind of like much of life. ;)

Profile

moderate_excess: (Default)
moderate_excess

January 2014

S M T W T F S
   1234
5 67891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 8th, 2026 04:40 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios